A Vision Born Out of Customer Requests
In recent years, Overture customers have asked for our help in solving some of the challenges they face in optimizing service creation, activation and assurance. Examples of these requests include:
- Providing APIs in Overture equipment to automate management
- Implementing “Zero Touch Commissioning” across product line using standard tools
- Facilitating flow through provisioning in a heterogeneous environment
- Enabling dynamic bandwidth and simplifying service assurance in multi-vendor network
- Building virtual applications such as managed virtual routing and security
- Bringing the automation features of the public cloud to private cloud services
As we evaluated each of these customer requests, it became clear to us that the most effective way for Overture to deliver on these was to incorporate the concepts of openness, virtualization and orchestration of cloud datacenter at the metro service edge.
Leveraging Expertise, Experience and Leadership in Carrier Ethernet
Overture is the preferred provider of Carrier Ethernet solutions for the metro service edge. We are known for innovative solutions that enable high-capacity Ethernet services over any media including fiber, copper and TDM.
- Performance-assured Ethernet over any media
- Carrier Class Connect Expertise
- Service Creation, Activation & Assurance Solutions
Building on our experience, Overture has extended its commitment to innovation with Ensemble OSA™. Ensemble OSA is the industry's first open architecture that brings the benefits of the cloud, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and open innovation to the metro service edge. By leveraging Overture’s Carrier Ethernet expertise and this new open architecture for software-defined services, network operators and service providers worldwide can maximize operational efficiencies and introduce new revenue-generating services on a scale never before possible.