- Ethernet over NxT1/E1
- Eight user data queues
- Compound classification for multiservice delivery
Carrier Ethernet Services over Any Infrastructure
- Carrier Ethernet over T1/E1 and bonded T1/E1
- Delivers a revolutionary way to reach 90% more customer locations with Ethernet services
- Uses existing T1/E1 facilities and reduces leased access service fees
- Standard MLPPP or PDH/VCAT bonding allows T1s/E1s to be added as bandwidth needs grow
- Perfect for point-to-point and hub-and-spoke deployments
- Plug-and play design — easy to configure; easy to manage
- NEBS 3 certified
Most carriers today can deliver Ethernet services to their “on-net” customers where there are fiber drops from existing network infrastructures. However, only 15% of all US businesses today are reachable via fiber, while the remaining 85% are reachable only by copper (T1 or E1 connections). The Overture 140 and 180 are tailored to reach off-net customers easily and economically using existing T1/E1 lines. The Overture 140 offers highly manageable 10/100 customer access and up to four T1/E1s (eight T1/E1s for the ISG 180) for the network connection. These T1/E1s are bonded using either the standard Multilink Point-to-Point Protocol (MLPPP) or PDH Virtual Concatenation (VCAT), offering up to 12 Mb/s (T1) or 16 Mb/s (E1) of service. Additional lines can be added as necessary, and with a simple-to-use Graphical User Interface (GUI), provisioning new circuits has never been easier.
- The Overture 140 and Overture 180 offer a full complement of management tools that makes it easy to manage and diagnoses network issues. The management tools including remote loopback testing, as well as cable integrity testing to determine if subscriber-facing Ethernet ports or cables have failed. This allows providers to respond quickly to failures by taking faulty links or ports out-of-service remotely and restoring them when the fault is cleared. The result is significant savings from having to make costly truck rolls to each location for every fault. SLA monitoring is also supported through the Service OAM (802.1ag and Y.1731) capabilities of the Overture 140 and 180.